If you’re in Bend, Oregon, and are in need of disaster restoration services for fire and smoke damages, always rely on the local experts, ServiceMaster Recovery Specialists. We specialize in disaster restoration services for fire, smoke, mold, and water damages, as well as a variety of cleaning services for residential and commercial properties.
But when you sustain fire and smoke damage within your property, your structures, materials, and valuables are all at risk. In order to help minimize damages and prevent additional damages, you need to take quick action as soon as possible, by contacting ServiceMaster Recovery Specialists for fire and smoke damage restoration. But as you wait for the team of experts to arrive, there are a few items you can attempt to do to help minimize damages, such as:
- Open doors and windows to ventilate your property.
- Clean fixtures of smoke and soot residue to avoid discoloration and permanent marks.
- Gently blow off soot from fabrics and furniture.
- Use towels, old linens, or tarps to cover your floors to prevent additional soiling from either foot traffic or settling dust.
- Remove all items from your refrigerator and either leave the door open or place a box of baking soda inside to eliminate odors.
- Cover air vents with a damp cloth to catch soot and dust.
- Clean off soot and smoke residue from house plants.
In Bend, Oregon, fire damage can occur at any given time, and for the best disaster restoration service available, always contact ServiceMaster Recovery Specialists. We’ll do everything possible to get your property restored and back to you in a timely manner. For more information about our services, please feel free to contact our office.