Every year, several properties in Bend and Central Oregon suffer from water and flood damages. The most common causes of water damage is the result of leaking pipes, burst water lines, broken appliances, and poor weatherproofing from rain and floods. But no matter how you received the damages, ServiceMaster Recovery Specialists is your trustworthy disaster restoration expert for Bend, Oregon water damage restoration services.
When you contact us for Bend, Oregon water damage restoration services, we’ll assemble a team of our finest restoration experts and have them sent to your location within hours of your call to begin the damage mitigation and restoration process. With our services, we’ll assess the damages, remove water from the area, recover belongings, repair and clean structures, dry the affected area, and monitor the overall progress of your property.
But as you wait for our team of experts to arrive, there are some tasks you could take upon yourself to help minimize damages and accelerate the restoration process by eliminating a few early steps.
Things you could do to minimize water damage and help the restoration process:
- Use fans to circulate the air and dry items.
- Use a mop or several towels to help blot and remove as much water as possible from the area.
- Wipe down solid parts of furniture and décor items before they absorb moisture and water.
- Utilize dehumidifiers to remove moisture from the air, this will allow water to evaporate more quickly.
- Hang curtains and drapes to air dry.
- Sit pillows and cushions upright to dry evenly.
- Let furniture items sit on wood blocks or aluminum foil so it does not come into contact with water and that moisture buildup cannot occur.
- Remove wet rugs and place them outside to dry.
- Open all windows, doors, cabinets, and drawers to help with the drying process.
- Move all items from the affected area to a safe, dry location to prevent additional damages.
Hopefully with these helpful tips, you’ll be able to avoid and minimize water damages that are caused by water. But at the very first discovery of either water damage or flood damage, remember to always contact ServiceMaster Cleaning Specialist for Bend, Oregon water damage restoration services. We’ll do everything possible to restore your property back to its rightful condition and get you back into your home or office.